1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Busy but not... School is out and I have been taking a bit of a brain break (while doing endorsement classes for teacher certification!). Excited to get back in to a schedule and accomplish many things on my To-Do list!
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week.
Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the
perfect summer day.
Unfortunately - temps in the upper 90s in the high desert...100+ when we head to the big city. YUCK!
However, Perfect Summer's Day! Mid 80's with a coastal breeze as we head to the beach. Better yet, drive through a forest to a river and spend the day chillaxin' by the crystal clear river which is still cool enough to dip into for relief! Books, good food, light sprinkle, and a little libations!
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
It is when you are on the beach with a drink in your hand! However, I have a semi-ambitious summer planned. You should see my Summer List of Things to do...and I am steadily checking things off!
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
I am going to bend this one a bit - and do a mini-series dad... Mr. Bennet of Pride and Prejudice! He calls "Silly" when silly does, wants nothing more than the best for his Lizzy! He is sort of like my dad - would have loved to have the love of knowledge shared with my dad, though, like Elizabeth Bennet does.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
I have shared a few wonderful picnics with my Soulmate (See #2)! Also, many lazy summer days on a beach or near a river when I was younger. Want to get back to a place where we can do that more often...and a winery would be a neat addition!
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
Does it count if I saw the Outer Hebrides while on my way to the Isle of Skye - home of Drambuie?!
I would have to go with Bora Bora, because it sounds Sexy Sexy!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Don't press the corner of your eye too hard, repeatedly, as you will give yourself a black eye!
Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Wow...Have I ever been absent! First year teacher (in 10 years!) kind of put a kink in the works. But guess what?!?
So...what does one do when they have Summer Vacay?! READ!
Here's what is on my LIST for Summer 2014!
1. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller - Title too cute to pass up! Looks awesome!
2. The One by Kiera Cass - What will America do? Will she choose Maxon or Aspen?!
3. Possession by A.S. Byatt - OMG - this has been on my shelf WAY too looongg!
4. Skinny B*tch Gets Hitched by Kim Barnouin - Love the title - never read any of the others, but this looks great!
5. My Summer in Europe by Marilyn Bryant - I miss Europe - this might be the perfect fix!
6. The Cupcake Queen by Heather Helper - How doesn't love a good cupcake... I do and hope that this book has something about cupcakes in it!
7. Keep Your Mouth Shut and Wear Beige by Kathleen Gilles Seidel - Funny title, and also is for one of my bookish challenges!
8. The Orchid Affair by Lauren Willig - Delivered and Signed by author... and I want to see what's happening with Eloise!
9. Attempting Elizabeth by Jessica Grey - Long ago, under a dark England sky, I read the Short for this in the Jane Austen-esque contest. It is now a full fledged story and I can't wait to read it!
10. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen - the ONLY Jane Austen I have not yet read!
What's on your list? Would love to hear about it!
Posted by Kate Maxwell at 6:02 PM