Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Top Ten Mish Mash



This is where I take several different topics, because I couldn’t think of ten for any one of them!

Books I’d love to re-read.

Once and Future King by TH White.  I remember reading this one freshman year in high school and absolutely loved it.  It started a King Arthur fetish for me for some time afterwards.  I thought it was so wonderful, the lessons learned by Arthur at the direction of Merlin.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.  I remember that this book was rather impactful for me at the time I read it (tween years), but to be honest, I don’t remember the details of the story too well.

Persuasion by Jane Austen.  I have already read this one at least three times, but want to re-read it again, as I simply love the story of Anne Elliot and Captain Wentworth.

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee.  I cried when I finished this book and sat there and hugged it for about 15 minutes – my family was wondering what was wrong with me.  I want to re-read it to see if it was as good as I thought it was.

Why I love Book Blogging

…because I find a ridiculous number of books I must possess, but never get around to reading them, because there is a new one to grab and read…
…because I love seeing what others think of the books I have read, to see if I am totally off-base with how I thought of the book….
…because there are giveaways, and my book shelves are burgeoning because of all of the wonderful books I have won…

Bookish Resolutions
To not buy any books for myself for the year of 2012 (unless it is under $3.99)
To read some classics – I have got to start on that list… right after I read all of those galleys I have grabbed….

Where I want to read
…on the beach, or by the beach so I can hear the roar of the ocean in the background…



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...