Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Wednesday HodgePodge #1

Wednesday Hodgepodge-Vol 75

I am a little late to the party, but saw this on one of the blogs I visited for the A to Z Challenge.  It sounded like a lot of fun... so 
                                          Here I go....


1. William Shakespeare's birthday is celebrated on April 23rd...when did you last read Shakespeare? What's your favorite Shakespeare play? 
 
I read a sonnet or two within the past year... I think.  I was helping with homework, and got lost in the sonnets.  Favorite play?  Haven't read/seen too many of the plays, but I would have to go with Twelfth Night, for several reasons.  1 - We had the opportunity to see this in a Cambridge University Garden (yes, in England) - on a Summer's night.  2 - The movie, She's the Man is based on it, and I love this movie, and 3 - In Shakespeare in Love, Queen Elizabeth asks Shakespeare to write a play for Twelfth Night, and that is how the movie ends!

2. What food(s) would you recommend a foreign visitor try when they visit your home country?
 
Being in the American Southwest, I would have to make a Mexican Feast!  We did this for some British friends, while living in England.  The gentleman was 45 years old, and it was his first time to eat a taco!  They weren't too sure about the 'spicyness' but loved the guacamole!

3. What's a lie you often tell yourself?
 
I have already seen this one on a couple of blogs that I have visited, but it holds true for me too... I will start exercising tomorrow! I really do want to, but one thing or another prevents me - the stars are aligned so - why should I fight it?!?

4. What's something you're good at that might surprise us? Remember this is a family friendly blog!
 
I would have to go with cooking.  I don't know if that is surprising, especially for anyone that truly knows me.  But I love to cook, and I am in the process (another lie? - I really am in the middle) of writing two cookbooks!

5. Who is your favorite animal character from a book?
 
Easy - Einstein in Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee.  He cracked me up!

6. April showers bring May flowers...do you have a green thumb?
 
It may have a green center, but have to get passed the brown edges!  More watering, I am sure...  I love philodendrons as they are very hard to kill, and very forgiving!

7. Speaking of rainy days...which one of the following activities would you most want to spend time doing on a rainy day-

sort photos and create albums
bake cookies
read a good book
hold an all-day movie marathon
organize closets, cupboards, or bookshelves
try a new recipe
fix something that needs fixing
 
Let's see, I will bake cookies (maybe a new recipe) while reading a good book... then will give my arms a break by watching a couple of movies... is that cheating?!  It would be a perfect way to spend a rainy day!  
 
Definitely NOT a closet cleaner or fixer-upper!  And no patience to do photo albums, though I have a ton of photos that need to be organized!

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
 
Random is as Random does!  I have really enjoyed doing this A to Z Blog Challenge.  It has been completely off-the-cuff and a lot of fun to be creative.  Plus, I stuck with something (well, for at least 24 days so far) - which gives me hope that maybe tomorrow IS the day to start exercising!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...