Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

It's Thursday!

In one week's time, I will be sitting (hopefully) on a BEACH...in Hawaii!!  Dreams, preparation (crunches so that bathing suit doesn't make me look like a beached whale!), and gathering what to read while gone for a long weekend!

Today is Thursday, and I thought that I would combine a couple of memes that I like to do on this day of the week!


This week, Booking Through Thursday asks: All other thing being equal, would you rather read a book that’s hard/challenging/rewarding or light/enjoyable/easy?

Can't you have a book that's both challenging as well as enjoyable?  That would be the perfect book!  Personally, I don't want reading to be a chore; though, on the other hand, I don't want to waste my time.  Ah...the quest for the perfect book!

Which leads me back to my deciding which books to take to the Beach with me!  My Kindle is definitely going, but will keep that for the plane and the room...I don't think Sand and Electronics mix very well!  I will most likely grab something that will help me finish my 2011 Challenge - I have 6 books to go!

 
"Know Me Better" is a new weekly meme hosted by I Am A Reader Not A Writer. Each week five questions are asked as a way for your readers to get to know you better. Want to play along? It's easy! Just click the link above to take you over to the host's page. From there, copy and paste the meme image into your blog along with the meme code. Link back to the host and you're done.

What's your favorite season/weather?
Tough call between Spring and Fall.  I love the temperatures at these two times of the year.  If I am in a place where the leaves change, Fall is beautiful.  But I think I will have to go with Spring.  The air is still crisp in the morning, and cooler in the evening, but everything is WAKING up!  I love that!  It's like the Earth is Bursting with Energy and it makes one believe in second chances!
PC or Mac?

I am a PC kind of gal.  Never have been in to brand names, and Mac is SO brand specific!  I am not pretentious, and that is how I feel about Macs.  Our daughters don't understand that, until one realized that she cannot play Guild Wars on her Mac!
Favorite music?

Different tastes for different times.  I can list what I don't listen to more easily than what I do listen to!  But for the most part, I like the softer side of rock, smooth jazz and the right kind of classical!
Facebook or Twitter?

I have tried, but I just don't get Twitter!  Well, to be honest, I haven't tried hard enough.  I find it difficult to cut through the 'chatter' of Twitter.  I don't want to get sucked in to that time waster (book blogging does more than enough in wasting my time!).  The 20 minutes a day I spend on FB is more than enough!  And I am usually trolling for funnies to share - though no one pays any attention to what I have up anyway, so it really doesn't matter!
What TV show/movie/book do you watch/read that you'd be embarrassed to admit?
 
We don't have cable - thank goodness.  (If they ever create an a la carte, I might be tempted.)  We have a beautiful tv for movies, and streaming Netflix (which I am seriously considering getting rid of).  Earlier this summer I got sucked into the drama of 'Switched at Birth' - a tv show about two young girls who were switched in the hospital and one of them is deaf.  Yeah...I know...drama!
As far as reading - not really embarrassed by what I read.  It's what I like, so why be embarrassed?!  I know I am not reading about brain surgery or how to understand quantum mechanics, but I enjoy a good human story, or just a darned good yarn!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...