Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

top 10 - everyone else has read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and theBookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists! Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists.


Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me

This one is easy… as I have not read many of the mainstream/popular books.  Kind of a ‘heck no, I won’t go’ philosophy on many of them.  I am actually going to group them, otherwise, the list would be too long!

     1.      The Twilight Saga (perfect name for it!) series by Stephanie Meyer.  I don’t do vampires, plan and simple…and I don’t feel like I have missed out to be honest!
     2.      Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.  I have seen a few of the movies, but have never sat down to read them.  I actually tried to read them to our girls when they were younger, but they wouldn’t sit still long enough…you try to get three kids, basically all the same age to do that.
     3.      The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.  I read one or two when I was a kid...but don’t remember them, and haven’t read the whole series.
     4.      The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. After our girls read them, and hated the last book…they felt it ruined the series for them, I didn’t pick them up.  Though, my brother-in-law just finished them and said that the last one was perfect, as the series was about war, and war isn’t happy.
     5.      Anne of Green Gables and follow-ones by L.M. Montgomery.  I have seen how many people loved these books when they were younger, but I don’t think I would enjoy them now.
     6.      The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.  I don’t watch Oprah and never read any of her ‘book club’ books.  I actually tried to read this one, but couldn’t get into it.
     7.      Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien…. I did read ‘The Hobbit’ but never fell into the LoTR trilogy.  A little too fantastical for my tastes.
     8.      I didn’t finish the Percy Jackson series.  I got a little tired of the repetition of these stories, and didn’t read the last couple.
     9.      The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo…or whatever it’s called.  Haven’t read these either.  I even purchased the first two, put them on my shelf, but then donated them instead of bringing them back from England.
     10.   Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell.  Gotta through one Jane Austen-esque book in there.  I know many people in the JA community have read this, but I haven’t picked it up and don’t know if I will, even though I have seen good reviews for this… P&P in the West on a Ranch… might be a little too far for me.

I have mainly not read these out of sheer determination to not follow the crowd….yeah, that’s the way I roll.  How about you…which bandwagon have you not jumped on?  Thanks for stopping by.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...